Experience: 4+ years
Number of openings: 1
We believe in helping individuals & organizations stay ahead of the curve by disrupting the old ways of making business run faster.
Our open source technology is focused on user experience & allows IT to build intelligent business solutions at breakthrough speed.
Business is no longer a series of transactions but a constant flow of information, ideas, decisions, and outcomes. That’s why we’ve developed a software platform that connects people, content, & processes, giving organizations the power to start their journey towards Digital Transformation.
This is an exciting role and an opportunity to join the Application Engineering team at Alfresco.
As a Senior QA Automation, you design, evolve and implement automated test suites within our project delivery teams for web-based applications, desktop applications and RESTful APIs. You are also involved in different types of tasks in areas of both manual and automation testing.
You will work closely within an agile development team to ensure a high level of quality in various components of Alfresco Digital Platform, focused on the Application Development Framework front-end layer. You will have excellent troubleshooting skills and will gain a sense of reward from helping others. Your role will encompass all aspects of product testing including automation testing, test planning and execution, architecture and investigating new technologies, automating tools, builds and tests, and collaboration with developers to ensure the quality of the product.
You will be exposed to almost all of the diverse technologies that make up the Alfresco product, and, when necessary, will work alongside other technical experts in these areas.
Role and Responsabilities
As a Senior QA Automation you will be required to:
- Design and implement high quality, easily maintainable automated tests to cover the feature requirements.
- Review, evaluate and turn high-level requirements into detailed test cases, with clear scope, quality criteria and deliverables.
- Improve efficiency of test methodology and assess how effective the software testing was so as to be able to determine how the testing process and coverage can be improved.
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in an effective manner, assisting in the investigation and resolution where needed.
- Ensure testing is carried out in a timely, repeatable and effective fashion. Investigate and resolve causes of instability in the automated test execution.
- Support the culture of total quality and lead it by example.
- Work and collaborate with highly skilled individuals, helping to build a single unified Test Engineering process for Alfresco.
- Investigate software defects and identify their root cause.
- Excellent coding skills (preferably Java, but other OO languages considered)
- Demonstrable skills in OOAD and OOP
- Experience in Software Development and Test Automation.
- At least 4 years of recent practical experience in software engineering in a commercial setting
- Very strong written and spoken communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- A strong analytical mind-set with the ability and desire to solve software engineering problems
- Estimation, work breakdown and test coverage needs from explicit and implicit test requirements
Desirable skills and experience
The following experience and attributes are considered beneficial:
- Hands on experience in Software Testing.
- Experience writing, maintaining and executing automation tests using frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG or similar.
- Be meticulous and creative with an attention to detail.
- Be committed to the team, responsible and have a positive attitude.
- Maintain high job knowledge so as to support the test team as necessary, through self learning, training and networking.
- Continuous Integration testing with Jenkins or Maven
- Experience of server operating systems (Linux and Windows Server)
- Experience of testing RESTful APIs
- Experience working in an agile environment. (eg. Scrum)
- Knowledge of enterprise application servers such as Tomcat, Jboss, Weblogic or Websphere
- Knowledge of relational database systems such as Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 or MySQL
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- ISTQB or CAT certifications would be a plus
- MCSE or similar Microsoft Technology certifications would be a plus
- Some travel may be required for this role.
- Training on application;
- Access to trainings for self-development;
- Be part of a young team;
- Floating holidays;
- Flexible benefits basket;
- Fun room and various team bounding and team building programs;
- Attractive compensation scheme.
Join our team! Apply here!