Experience: 5+ years
Number of openings: 1
We believe in helping individuals & organizations stay ahead of the curve by disrupting the old ways of making business run faster.
Our open source technology is focused on user experience & allows IT to build intelligent business solutions at breakthrough speed.
Business is no longer a series of transactions but a constant flow of information, ideas, decisions, and outcomes. That’s why we’ve developed a software platform that connects people, content, & processes, giving organizations the power to start their journey towards Digital Transformation.
Roles and Responsibilities
This is an exciting role and an opportunity to join the Alfresco Iasi Engineering team within Ness.
As a Full Stack Technical Lead in Alfresco, you will be responsible for enhancing and maintaining Alfresco Process Services, our BPM platform that is build on top of Activiti BPMN 2.0 engine.
You will lead an agile development team of developers and QA engineers to produce quality features, enhancements and fixes across different components of APS, focusing in particular on the Activiti engine and enterprise services.
You will be exposed to all of the diverse technologies that make up the Alfresco product, and as necessary, you will work close with Alfresco Iasi Director of Engineering, internal stakeholders, partners and external community members to extend the capabilities of the platform.
Alfresco source code has been downloaded and used by millions of developers around the world, so our engineers take pride in the quality of the code that they write. The person who fills this role will have a similar desire to produce clean, well-designed software, and will enjoy having their work exposed to the global Alfresco communities.
- Accountability for pace of delivery, quality of the product and overall engagement of team members;
- Development of new features, enhancements, fixes and optimization of the APS platform;
- Play an active part in defining and reviewing the APS product backlog together with the Product Manager and your team, though planning and estimation activities;
- Help other team members by taking part in regular code reviews and share your work through activities such as reviews, pairing, hackathons and demos;
- Work with other team members to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the services and improve these qualities over time;
- Responsible for the people management process and contributing to an increasing engagement and raising performance in the team;
- Partner with Alfresco Expert Customer support and Product Management team to review and triage customer reported incidents
- Understanding the business domain, Alfresco customers and the problems we are solving for them
- Taking data driven decisions as part of day to day activity;
Essential Skills and Experience
- Good core Java programming skills (5+ years) including multi-threading and micro-services
- Practical experience of using the Spring framework (2+ years)
- Experience in data access, server-side integrations, extensions, and building RESTful APIs
- Software engineering experience including unit testing, refactoring, source control management, continuous integration and build processes.
- A strong knowledge of design patterns, principles and clean coding techniques with the ability to make practical choices based on that knowledge;
- Understanding of one or more relational databases;
- Comfortable working in agile teams;
- Leadership and full stack oriented mind-set: open to learn back-end, front-end and team leading best practices and technologies, as part of the various tasks that you will be performing;
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills;
- Understanding of Business Process Management, Rules, Workflow, Case Management engines
- Experience contributing to open-source projects
- Experience in cloud application development and deployments, e.g. AWS
- Exposure to open-source Java libraries, such as those hosted by Apache and Spring
- Familiarity with modern HTML and CSS including mobile development and responsive layouts
- Previous experience in an Agile Test Driven Development environment
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Some travel may be required for this role.
- Training on application;
- Access to training for self-development;
- Be part of a young team;
- Floating holidays;
- Flexible benefits basket;
- Fun room and various team bonding and team building programs;
- Attractive compensation scheme.